SMG Regional Director of Food & Beverage in San Antonio, Texas
Directs and coordinates the entire food and beverage operation at the assigned home-based facility as well as other food and beverage venues in the region by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING IN FOOD & BEVERAGE IN STADIUMS/ARENAS TO BE CONSIDERED.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Markets Food and Beverage services to clients and establishes Food and Beverage controls.
- Creates Food and Beverage sales projections and budgets for facility events.
- Develops event work plans including scheduling and ordering, and assigns appropriate duties to subordinates.
- Reviews food and beverage lists submitted by each facility manager to determine that sufficient items are ordered weekly.
- Oversees Food and Beverage operations during events to ensure client satisfaction.
- Maintains cost and quality control standards.
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
- Analyzes information concerning facility operation such as daily food sales, patron attendance, and labor costs to prepare budget and to maintain cost control of facility operations.
- Inspects and tastes prepared foods to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Regional oversight of a select number of F&B venues as assigned.
- Perform periodic site visits with each of the assigned venues to ensure that the F&B operation is in compliance with all policies and procedures and is operating in a manner to meet and exceed all financial and operational objectives.
- Maintain regular communication with each assigned venue; Bi-Weekly calls etc.
- Work with each facility Director to improve food and beverage delivery, consistency, service and presentation at the venues to ensure products are produced efficiently and according to procedure.
- Provide support to venues when food and beverage related issues arise; such as health inspector issues, vendor service issues, prep room related equipment/layout issues, etc.
- Monitor and report on the various financial and operational results, budgets, cost and other components that directly affect the business unit.
- Work on Special Projects as assigned.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the facilities. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) in Food & Beverage Management or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in management level position in Food & Beverage or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior multi-unit supervisory experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- This position will work with limited supervision and will require the ability to interact with all levels of staff including management.
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Periodic travel to support other assigned
- F&B venues is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Ariel Popa SMG -- Corporate 300 Conshohocken State Road, Suite 450 West Conshohocken, PA 19428
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1023.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled