SMG Concession Runner in Hidalgo, Texas
SAVOR... a leading provider of food and beverage services at sports, entertainment and convention facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for Concession Runner for SAVOR/SMG State Farm Arena. Responsible for concession service areas inventories are replenished at all times. Ensures guest satisfaction, food quality, and cleanliness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for completing tasks related to stocking, replenishing, cleaning, maintenance, and preparation of food under the guidance of the stand leader.
- Maintains and stocks adequate supplies of concession items such as bottle drinks, cups, napkins, drink supplies, condiments, etc.
- Stock refrigerating units with bottle drinks.
- Replenish ice for fountain drinks.
- Clean and polish bar, counters, shelves, equipment, bar stools, etc.
- Prepare food items needed in the preparation of drinks
- Trash pickup and disposal at concession service areas
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards (wash hands when using restroom, etc.)
- Must wear gloves and hair net at all time.
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent desired.
- 1-2 years' experience in food service and/or working in a bar environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing guest and personal services; this includes guest needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of guest satisfaction
- Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving guests in restaurant/bar/casino and receiving guests
- Good oral communication skills
- Mature judgment and professionalism in handling all matters
- Ability to understand orders
- Ability to understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English
Must have TABC and Food Handlers Certificate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled