SMG Bartender in Hidalgo, Texas
SAVOR... a leading provider of food and beverage services at sports, entertainment and convention facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for Bartender for SAVOR/SMG State Farm Arena. Responsible for bars and bar service areas' inventories are replenished at all times. Ensures guest satisfaction, beverage quality, and cleanliness. Has knowledge of bar supplies and common drinks being served.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for completing tasks related to stocking, replenishing, cleaning, maintenance, and preparation of beverages under the guidance of the Bartender.
- Maintains and stocks adequate supplies of bar items such as glasses, cups, napkins, drink supplies, condiments, etc.
- Wash glasses and other serving equipment at bars
- Stock refrigerating units with wines, beer, replace beer kegs, etc.
- Replenish ice at bar
- Clean and polish bar, counters, shelves, equipment, bar stools, etc.
- Prepare food items needed in the preparation of drinks
- Trash pickup and disposal at bar and bar service areas
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards (wash hands when using restroom, etc.)
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent desired.
- 1-2 years' experience in food service and/or working in a bar environment.
Must have TABC certificate and Food Handlers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled