Hilton Cafeteria Supervisor in Austin, Texas
Manage the daily operation of the team member cafeteria to include supervision of staff and monitoring the quality and consistency of food and beverage product to be served. Oversees sanitation of the cafeteria including tables, floors, food service stations, glassware, china, silverware, storage, and any other areas that have contact with food or products to be served. Trains, supervises, schedules and assists in evaluating staff.
What will I be doing?
- Supervise operation of Blue Moon Cafe (our employee break room) including supervision, training, and scheduling of team members.
- Direct staff in maintaining the cleanliness of the back of house areas which include - main kitchen, storage area, trash rooms, loading dock, and ware-washing areas. Manage general cleaning schedule so that food service areas meet or exceed the health inspection requirements.
- Purchase and maintain inventory of cafeteria supplies
- Control the equipment storage areas and the issuance of equipment for the food service department. This includes maintaining the cleanliness and good operating condition of house kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, refrigerators, ovens, icemakers, walk-ins, dish machines, etc.
- Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings to advise staff of forecasted expectations. Attend other relevant meetings.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and by training staff on proper usage.
- Provide a safe and clean environment by assigning and assisting with cleaning.
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Title: Cafeteria Supervisor
Requisition ID: HOT04YA7