HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Coordinator Catering - mixed shift in Round Rock, Texas
Responsible for coordinating catered events and maintaining the Physicians Dining Room. This includes, but is not exclusive of preparing the food and the room, serving and cleaning up of catered meals. Responsible for the set-up, stock and restock, recording all food and supplies used, clean up and checking regularly throughout the day to meet the needs of the physicians.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES o Coordinates catering events with director and/or Management team. o Sets up designated room according to Room Reservation Request and /or through verbal communication. o Prepares or ensures preparation of appropriate food is completed to meet time requirements for each event. o Sets up and presents food to recipients in a professional and pleasing manner. Neatness and appropriate temperatures must be maintained throughout the serving period o Checks on function as needed and tends to any further need for food and/or supplies o Ensures that rooms are cleaned after function and returned to neat and clean appearance. o All food and supplies are properly stored; dishes and utensils washed and returned to appropriate storage areas. o Sets up meals for physicians breakfast, lunch and snacks Mon-Fri. o Monitors food and supply status throughout the day restocking as needed. o Monitors room cleaning and straightening to ensure a clean and neat appearance throughout the day. o Responsible for cleaning and restocking all points of service in the physicians dining room to ensure that all areas are well stocked during the day as well as for after hours consumption. o As time allows assist with food preparation for catering and doctors dining room
COMMUNICATIONS/CUSTOMER RELATIONS o Responsible for ensuring accurate and complete communications of all areas related to each catering, including but not limited to food preparation, room set-up, staffing and room clean up. o Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication. o Works with director and management team in a cooperative manner o Demonstrates respect for others, channels concerns appropriately and deals with conflict privately. o Demonstrates ability to perform well in stressful situations using effective coping skills. o Willing to adjust personal schedule to meet the workload fluctuations or other departmental needs. o Follows through with assignments and informs management if unable to complete all tasks. o Accepts suggestions for improved performance. o Fosters a sense of teamwork & collaboration within department and facility. o Interacts and communicates in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment. o Conduct reflects understanding and commitment to adhering to the Code of Conduct.
3. 3. EDUCATION/DEVELOPMENT/INITIATIVE
· Masters new work routines, methods and techniques.
· Makes suggestions for changes to improve work routines.
· Maintains education and development appropriate for position.
· Attends Department meetings on a regular basis
· Attends Department in-services on a regular basis.
4. 4. HOSPITAL/DEPARMENT POLICIES & PROCEDURES
· Continuously improves service outcomes that impact physicians and catering customers through a commitment to improvements consistent with the hospital mission and vision.
· Provides constructive input, suggestions & support to foster improving processes within the department.
· Maintains confidentiality of patient and employee information. (Verbal, written & electronic information)
· Reduces risk of acquiring or transmitting infection by adhering to HACCP guidelines for food handling.
· Performs duties in a safe, functional and effective manner that reduces hazards and risks, prevents accidents and injuries and maintains safe conditions by adhering to established safety standards for body mechanics, electrical biohazard, utilities and emergency preparedness plan.
· Is knowledgeable and utilizes personal protective equipment to protect from exposure to chemical, radiation and/or biohazard.
· Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
· Adheres to meal and rest breaks according to departmental policies.
· Demonstrates an appreciation of cost factors in the routine performance of duties; maximizes cost efficiency and follows direction and flexibility in hours worked.
· Maintains a clean, organized work area.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of food production practices and catering functions required. Effective communication and comprehension skills needed. Must be able to work independently as well as a team member. Good customer service skills is required. Must work time efficiently and able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Must demonstrate skills in accurately recording required information for both catering and doctors dining. Must be able to demonstrate understanding of HCA’s and St. David’s “Patients First” safety initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum High School Diploma required; some college preferred. Education and/or experience in food service preferred.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
Required:Food Preparation Health Certificate within the first 7 days of employment.
Job: *Food Services & Nutrition
Title: Coordinator Catering - mixed shift
Location: Texas-Round Rock-Round Rock Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06240-56156